24 July 2018
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Shark Week in the USA, notorious adventurer Bear Grylls has filmed a special titled ‘Bear vs Shark’ where he literally covers himself in fish guts and blood and dives into chummed up waters infested with Bull Sharks without a cage to test out Ocean Guardian’s FREEDOM7, powered by Shark Shield Technology.
Lindsay Lyon, CEO of Ocean Guardian says, “We couldn’t ask for a better organic demonstration of the products efficacy in a real-life scenario with a human as essentially the bait. He was not paid for the segment, nor did we provide the unit for free, he obviously genuinely wanted to test it out for himself.”
The segment clearly shows the Ocean Guardian FREEDOM7, featuring the world’s only scientifically proven and independently tested electrical shark deterrent technology, in action and clearly deterring the Hammerhead and Bull Sharks surrounding him.
“The technology has been tested and proven time and time again, however this is the first time a human has tested the unit in this way and filmed it in as we say ‘sharky’ waters. For all those people out there who have questioned if it works, here’s your proof,” said Lindsay.
The full story can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKjuccQWUQ
About the FREEDOM7:
Powered by Shark Shield Technology, the Ocean Guardian FREEDOM7 provides up to 6-hours protection from all predatory sharks – including Great Whites. Lightweight and designed to fit seamlessly with a divers existing gear, it offers powerful protection and peace of mind. Key features include:
- Shark Shield technology CAN ONLY repel sharks and sting-rays. It does not affect or repel fish, crocodiles, dolphins, whales, or freshwater creatures.
- Used by the US & Australian Navies and mandated safety equipment in some industries.
- Comfortable, lightweight design with an easy to wear neoprene Velcro pouch.
- Lithium rechargeable battery, over 1000 charge cycles.
- Long life battery, lasts up to 6 hours with LED battery life indicator (C version).
- Depth rated to 50 meters (164 feet)
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee & included in the WA Government $200 Shark Deterrent Rebate program